Today finally feels like I am in South Florida!! It has been a while since I walk outside and say, "Damn its too hot out hurr!!" This morning I walked out of my house with a sweater and pants, expecting it to be chilly just like its been the whole week. To my surprise it was actually HOT, and no need for a sweater! I really hope the weather stays like this, spring break just isn't the same without heat, mosquitoes, and humidity.
Yesterday was my lazy day, no gym, no work, just play :-) I went grocery shopping w/ mamma and without realizing it we spent over 3 hrs out! These are just a couple of my buys. Thought I would share that Publix is having a BOGO sale on VitaTops, it lasts till' 3/10 so get them while you can! I really like VitaTops, they make a great addition to many of b-fast concoctions :-) And at BJ's I couldn't help but get this Nature's Path cereal that I haven't tried.
Being my lazy day, I decided to be a bit productive and make an Angel Hair Frittata (a recipe from BJ's journal, makes 4 servings)
- 4 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Green Onion
- Black Olives
- 1/2 tsp Basil Leaves
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Grated Romano Cheese
- 6 oz. of Angel Hair pasta (I used whole wheat)
2. Stir in olives and dry basil leaves.
3. Pre-heat broiler
4. Beat eggs and cheese in a large bowl. Stir in vegetables and pasta and season with salt and pepper
5. Pour mixture into oven-proof skillet and spread with spatula until veggies and pasta are evenly distributed.
6. Cook until until eggs are set and golden-brown on bottom.
7. Place skillet on broiler. Cook until top is golden brown.
It turned out really good, and it was very easy to make. I know you can't really see the veggies in this pic but they were hidden in there ;)
Unfortunately, today has not been a lazy day. I have been working on a paper that is due tonight :( But, of-course I managed to squeeze in a gym visit.
Here is today's workout:
- Step- Up (3 sets of 15, with 15lbs. weights)
- Side- Lunge w/ Shoulder Lift (3 sets of 15, with 10 lbs. weights)
- Push Up with Stability Ball (3 sets of 15)
- Squats with Stability Ball ( 3 sets of 15, 10lbs. weights)
- Stability ball Pike (3 sets of 15)
- Pull Back Machine (3 sets of 20, with 45 lbs.)
I'm off to continue writing my paper :( Hope you had a great weekend!!
- *Cardio Interval on Treadmill*
- 5 minute warm up
- Run 2 mins. @ speed 5.5 - 6.5
- Run 1 min. @ speed 7.6- 8.2
- Repeat step 2 & 3, 5 times.
- 5 minute cool down
Did you watch Alice in Wonderland? If so, did you like it?
I really want to see it but I didn't get the chance to.