Hope you are all having an awesome start to your weekend :)
After my no rise bread experience many of you lovely bloggies provided me with some kick-ass bread recipes. I could not help myself but give this sweet bread a shot, thanks Ercia for the recipe!
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dates, I chopped up 6 dates
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar, add to milk
1. In a separate bowl combine egg and honey and mix together.
2. In a larger bowl mix in all dry ingredients.
3. Add honey & egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
4. Add milk & vinegar to bowl.
5. Add chopped up dates, raisins, or walnuts. I chopped up about 6 dates, and added a bit of walnuts that I had.
6. Pour mixture into a 9x5 bread pan.
7. Place in oven at 350 degrees for about 40- 45 minutes.
The result :
As you can see this bread was welcomed by the family ;)
I really enjoyed it! This bread is not only good but it is high in fiber and low in calories. The bread makes 12 servings and I calculated that per serving this bread has about 130 calories, not too shabby huh!
How has your weekend been so far?