I just got back to O-town and I am already missing home :( I always have so much fun at home!! I get to spend some quality time with the family, and take full advantage of their fully loaded pantry and kitchen ;) See for yourself!
Made this KICK-AsSalad for my parents!
Tuna salad : tuna, egg, tomato, celery and light mayo.
Even got a chance to make these muffins!
This Bread is Bananazzz! b-a-n-a-n-a-s :) I got the recipe from Denis Austin's Morning Stretch.
- 2 cups whole-grain pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup light vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Walnuts ( I decided to add these to give the bread some texture!)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pan with foil, letting the ends hang over. Coat the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg, and oil until well blended. Whisk in the bananas, yogurt, walnuts, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Scrape into the prepared pan. (I wanted muffins, so, I added to mixture to the muffin pan)
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the loaf has shrunk from the sides of the pan and a wooden pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes.
Per slice/ muffin: 140 calories, 25 g carbohydrates, 3 g protein, 4 g total fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 2 g dietary fiber, 190 mg sodium
This morning I had one of the muffins for b-fast! They turned out really goOod!!!!
I feel so spoiled when I am home :) Check out what papa got me on his trip to BJ's!
Well its back to work, right!!
Heading to the gym, today is the beginning of a new set of weight training exercises :) Ready to get swoll!!! haha!!