Happy Friday chicas!!!! Thanks for all the sweet comments on yesterday's post. I really had a great time and wish you hotties could have joined me in the St. Patty's Day celebration ;) OH and I will definitely be trying your strawberry smoothie suggestions, they sound soOo GOOD!
Let's get down to Bee's Knees!!!
I was running low on PB, so after the gym it was vital to make this quick buy. I was so tempted to get White Chocolate Wonderful or Dark Chocolate Dreams, but since I gave up chocolate for Lent I had to withhold on those temptations *sigh*. I had never tried the Bee's Knees (p.s. I am obsessed with the name, haha). The Bee's Knees is a mix of PB and honey, which is perfect because I won't be needing to add agave to my PB and toast!!
Inspired by HungryGirl's Dreamy Chocolate Ravioli Puffs, I decided to make my own version sans the chocolate :( We can call these Decadent PB Empanadas!
All you need is:
- Won-ton Wrappers
- 2 tbsp of PB
- Any additional ingredient to put your signature touch ;) (I decided to add strawberries and almonds)
- Heat up strawberries in a pan with a splash of almond milk until tender.
- Let strawberries cool for a couple of minutes. Then combine strawberries with 2 tbsp. of PB. (here you can add any crunchy texture you would like)
- I used these wontons.
- Filled squares with about 1/2 tbsp. of filling.
- Moistened all four edges of the won-ton and fold enclosing the filling. I used a fork to seal the edges.
- Place in freezer for 1 hr.
- Bring large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Working in batches, place frozen wonton flat in skillet, evenly spaced, and cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly puffy. Then flip for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Let them cool for a bit, add toppings, and Voila!!
It was a perfect dessert after lunch :)
Any fun plans this weekend????