3.05.2010

Relax & Tabouli

Being home is so relaxing. There are no roommates to wake me up, no elephants jumping on my roof, and no obnoxious car alarms going off in the middle of the night. Home is just so peaceful and quite... maybe too quite... I slept past 9!!!  That rarely never happens!!! Since my day was off to a late start I made a quick b-fast:

I sprinkled cinnamon on everything ;)

Today was my first time trying out Stonyfield's FF yogurt, and OH MY it was soo good, the texture and sweetness was to die for! If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. Of course, one can never go wrong with a warm toasted bread and some PB. (Check out Katie's awesome Nut Butter giveaway)

Guess what??? Yesterday I got back on the running horse!! Yeap, since the half-marathon in December I had taken a hiatus from running :( Believe me, I did not want to stop running but due to an injury in my gluteus muscle, I was forced to stop. It was literally "a pain in the butt"!!!  I have learned that my body is prone to injury, so I know now how imperative it is to  spend time stretching to prevent injury/help the process of healing of an injury. That is exactly why I want to begin to incorporate yoga in my workout routine. I came across this article, Yoga for Runners, which talks about all the great benefits Yoga can provide runners. "Running and yoga make a good marriage of strength and flexibility".

Do you do Yoga? Any helpful tips for a beginner like me?

For lunch, it was time to open this box!


I ended up making a Tabouli Salad with a twist!

 The Bulgur Wheat was super easy and quick to make.
  • Bring 1 cup of water to a boil
  • Add 1 cup bulgur wheat to boiling water
  • Remove from heat and let sit for about 1/2 an hour. 
The box came with a recipe for a dressing:

  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 1/3 cup of lemon juice
  • salt
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • dash of cayenne pepper 
Once the bulgur wheat was cool, I added the dressing, and some ingredients I thought would work; sauteed red onion, red beans, celery, and cilantro. It turned out really good, and you can add any ingredients you want :)

 Any plans for the weekend??

2 comments:

  1. I am all about running and yoga!! I agree that they are this perfect marriage. Glad your booty is feeling better too. I am slowly working my way back from a running hiatus, I hurt my knee running in December. Boo for injuries!! But YAY for cinnamon!! I try to put it on as much as possible :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate your blog, that as I'm just now starting out on a journey to better health, it's been amazingly helpful to find yourself and others that have already paved the way :)

    ReplyDelete